Halloween Movie Night
Looking for something different to do on Halloween this year? If your grandkids are too old for or uninterested in trick-or-treating anymore, you might be left wondering if it’s finally time to leave this night of fright behind. After all, many people think it’s a holiday just for younger people.
How about planning an activity you can invite a few friends over to enjoy? One idea might be to host a Halloween movie night. You can set up a snack bar with drinks and treats to keep things fun but easy. Depending on how long you want your party to go, pick a few movies to enjoy with your guests. We have a few suggestions you might appreciate.
Choosing Movies for a Halloween Night In
Are you looking for humor or suspense or downright frightening? Maybe a mix of all three? Here are some titles to consider:
- Hocus Pocus: This family-friendly favorite series tells the tale of three wild witches freed from their coven just in time for a little Halloween mayhem. The first movie was released in 1993 and has become a cult classic. Hocus Pocus 2 is brand new in 2022.
- Scream: Part slasher series, part dark comedy, Scream is another one theatergoers can’t get enough of. There are five movies in total, with the last one released just this year.
- The Haunted Mansion: This scary Disney movie features comedian Eddie Murphy. It involves a case of mistaken identity that leads to a family being trapped in a haunted mansion.
- The Shining: If you haven’t seen it yet, this film is about the innkeeper of the Overlook Hotel in Colorado. Stranded with his wife and son during a winter storm, his mental health deteriorates. The result is a psychological thriller many consider to be the best horror movie of all time.
- Ghostbusters: Who doesn’t love a good ghost story on Halloween? This comedy is another Disney classic featuring the popular actors Bill Murray and Dan Aykroyd. There’s also an all-female remake, released in 2016, starring Melissa McCarthy, Leslie Jones, Kristen Wiig, and Kate McKinnon.
- The Silence of the Lambs: Another horror movie with a cult-like following, featuring an FBI agent played by Jodie Foster. She is on the hunt for a very disturbing serial killer—one who eats his victims. This one might keep you up all night checking the locks on the doors.
- Psycho: No Halloween movie recommendation list would be complete without an Alfred Hitchcock tale thrown in. In this 1960 story, a young woman hits the road after embezzling money from her employer. She ends up at the Bates Motel, where she is murdered in what has become a classic shower scene. Not a movie for the faint of heart.
Check your streaming services to see what else might be released just in time for Halloween!
Feel Safer at Home With a Mobile Monitoring Device
On Halloween and every other day of the year, you can feel safer living alone with the support of a mobile monitoring device. These discreet units allow you to summon help with the press of a button. Call 1-844-203-5617 to learn more today!